Now you’re spending a lot more time at home, are you determined that this year will be the year you fill your garden with beautiful blooms?
But you’re not sure where to start. Or perhaps you’ve tried to grow flowers before but everything died and you found it more stressful than relaxing. But you really want something that’s just for you, a little patch of beauty in amongst all that’s going on, somewhere where you can go and switch off from your thoughts and the news.
If this sounds like you then you need to join my ‘How to create a cut flower garden for a healthy mind masterclass’. I'll be showing you how you can grow flowers mindfully to help you connect with nature and find calm in this overwhelming time.
These are the tried and tested methods I use every single day to keep myself feeling calm and relaxed and my garden plentiful with blooms that make me smile. PLUS you’ll get access to my ‘Adventures with Flowers Gardening club’ on Facebook to support you through the whole growing season.
Here’s what’s covered in the 90 minute class:
- How to choose the right location for your cut flower patch
- The tools and equipment you need to grow your blooms
- Choosing what to grow
- How to plan your cut flower patch for maximum flower production
- Mindful gardening techniques that can be practiced at any time to help you find calm
- PLUS how to look after your plants to make sure you get the maximum number of flowers for your efforts.
And you’ll get cheat sheets and checklists to help you get started, as well as a recording of the session in case you want to refer back to it.
The live masterclass takes place on Thursday 14th May at 10am REPLAY AVAILABLE IF YOU CAN'T ATTEND LIVE.
Kendall Platt is a gardening and floristry coach who helps women learn to grow and arrange their own flowers as a way to relax. She studied social and therapeutic horticulture and cut flower farming and has been growing her own flowers, vegetables and fruit mindfully for 8 years.
During this time, Kendall has developed her gardening for relaxation methods to help her manage her anxiety through many stressful situations including redundancy, workplace bullying and new motherhood. This means she can find calm through gardening in minutes.
Kendall has taught her mindful gardening techniques to hundreds of women through her subscription box Mind in Bloom and her workshops. Now she’s sharing the methods she’s used to help these women through challenging times in their lives – so you can stop stressing about the next few weeks and start looking forward to seeing what’s growing in your garden.
How to start a cut flower patch for a healthy mind masterclass is for you if:
- You’d like to learn to grow your own cut flowers in whatever growing space you have available.
- You’d like to learn a new hobby that you can use as a way to relax when you are practicing social distancing at home.
- You’d like to join a supportive community of new gardeners so you can ask questions and ask for advice throughout the growing season.
Read the FAQ's here.
£1 from each place sold will go to Mental Health Mates.